The Utah Association of Chambers Summer Conference provides an unmatched opportunity to build relationships with other chamber leadership. These connections have resulted in more chamber-to-chamber collaboration, resources for boards and staff, friendships, and a united business voice. Attendees should expect to have two days packed with insightful and informational presentations, discussions and networking, including a tour of the Bonneville Sea Base and the Utah Motorsports Campus.
On day one, join us for this unique experience and become more informed on state government processes, discuss current policy and business issues, meet top legislators and hear from government and business leaders. On day two, dig in deep with discussions on issues that really matter to chamber executives and board members. During each session, leaders will provide takeaways that you can begin using immediately at your own chamber. Last year, over 30 chambers participated. Don’t miss out. Register today!
The conference is hosted by the Tooele Chamber of Commerce and will be held August 4 – 5th, 2022. The pricing for 2-day attendance is $125 for members, $150 for non-members. The pricing for 1-day attendance is $75 for members, $100 for non-members. Sponsorships are available by contacting Maria Loftis at firstname.lastname@example.org. The conference provides a hotel option at the Comfort Inn & Suites Tooele-Salt Lake City. Take advantage of a discounted rate, and make a reservation by clicking here. Please note that the dates August 3 – 6th must be selected in order for the discount rate to appear.
Summer Conference Day One – Thursday, August 4, 2022
Join us for a unique experience and become more informed on state government processes, discuss current policy and business issues that directly impact chambers and hear from government and business leaders, including the Tooele County Mayor. Attendees will also tour the Utah Motorsports Campus and Bonneville Sea Base.
10:00 a.m. Welcome & Introductions
- Dixon Hunt, General Manager, Utah Motorsports Campus
11:00 a.m. Tooele
- Assistant County Manager Brittany Lopez
11:30 a.m. Demographic and Economic Insights
- Phillip Dean and Mallory Bateman, Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute at the University of Utah
- Barbara Riddle, President & CEO, ChamberWest and Ginger Chinn, Vice President of Public Policy, Salt Lake Chamber
3:30 p.m. Depart Bonneville Seabase; return to UMSC
4:00 p.m. Open Time: Room provided at UMSC
5:30 p.m. Group Dinner – Bonneville Brewery – 1641 N Main St, Tooele, UT
In the deserts of western Utah, there are secrets beyond imagination. Bonneville Seabase is one of those secrets. Located on the outskirts of Grantsville, there is a natural phenomenon where spring water rising through the ancient lake bed of Bonneville becomes almost 3% saltwater. At the salinity of the ocean, the water wells up as warm springs, and with the addition of ocean fish, an inland ocean was formed for SCUBA and snorkeling.
Bonneville Seabase is home to an abundant amount of marine life. From the tiny mollies to the 50-pound grouper, from the large black drum, to the schools of mullet, Seabase has fish of all shapes and sizes, including two friendly cortez angels and schools of pinfish. During your exploring you can find a variety of butterfly fish, mullet, black drum, jacks, snappers, grunts, schools of pinfish, tunicates and much more. Some fish are “rescue fish ” whose owners no longer wanted them. Come out to Seabase and find out why so many people enjoy exploring the underwater realm.
Summer Conference Day Two – Friday, August 5, 2022
Day two is packed with a variety of speakers, topic experts and breakout sessions in which attendees will gain insights into the future of the workplace environment, learn digital marketing tips and discuss the impacts of world events on Utah’s economy.
Location: Utah Motorsports Campus (512 Sheep Lane, Erda, UT, 84074)
8:30 a.m. Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Welcome
- Gary Birdsall, Chair, Utah Association of Chambers
9:05 a.m. U.S. Chamber Update
- Vartan Djihanian, Director, Government Affairs, Western Region, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
9:30 a.m. Future of the Workplace Environment
10:00 a.m. Break
- Breakout 1 – Chamber Presidents and Board Members
- Rural Chambers – Chris McCormick, President & CEO, Cedar City Chamber of Commerce
- Breakout 2 – Chamber Presidents and Board Members
- Urban Chamber Discussion – Jay Francis, President & CEO, South Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Breakout 3 – Chamber (Membership, Events, Marketing staff)
- Marketing Best Practices – Jason Porter, Membership Director, Cache Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Breakout 4 – Chamber (Membership, Events, Marketing staff)
- Membership and Volunteer Best Practices – Tim Roper, Director of Member Development, Davis Chamber of Commerce
11:30 a.m. Break
12:00 p.m. Lunch: Sponsor & UAOC Awards Presentation
- Sponsor Presentation: Take Your Chamber to China – Leo Lui, President, Citslinc
- Awards Presentation – Gary Birdsall, Chair
- Chambers must submit materials to be considered for an award.
1:00 p.m. Open Discussion – Chamber Executives Share Most Successful Programs
2:00 p.m. Wrap-Up